Position Description / Details
Under general supervision, this position performs custodial tasks within assigned areas, prepares rooms for specific functions, and assists in maintaining a safe campus
- Cleans and maintains floors, walls, windows, carpets, upholstery, furniture, and fixtures; empties trash.
- Cleans restrooms/showers; keeps supplies stocked.
- Sets-up and takes down furniture and equipment for classes, conferences, and special events.
- Assists in maintaining a safe campus; removes snow, ice, or hazards from sidewalks, reports need for repair or maintenance, replaces light bulbs.
- Performs seasonal/occasional duties; washes exterior windows, pressure washes sidewalks, paints interior and exterior of buildings.
- Performs related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to speak clearly and comprehend written and spoken English.
- clean assigned areas based on knowledge of custodial cleaning method
- safely mix/use cleaning chemicals,
- follow safety practices,
- use and maintain equipment in good working order.
- Maintains and reciprocates effective communications with faculty, staff, community members and the student population.
- Presents and displays a professional image providing tact, good judgment and skill while representing the college
- Performs assigned tasks consistently and professionally
- Delivers a product that can support and uphold a satisfactory evaluation at all times.
Required physical abilities:
- Must be able willing and able to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, squat, kneel, climb, and lift/move objects up to 60 pounds.
Required work schedule and work environment:
- Able and willing to work at heights, move and relocate objects up to 60 pounds, work in adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, and ice.
- Working hours: 1 pm - 9:30 pm
- Employment Terms:
Annual full time, classified position.
- Salary: $2,130 per month plus shift differential.
- This position is in a union bargaining unit. As a condition of employment you must, within 30 days after appointment, become a member of the Washington State Federation of State Employees, or pay non-associate fees. Non-payment of such fee is grounds for dismissal.
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation and sick leave; retirement plan options; optional credit union and tax deferred annuity programs. Peninsula College contributes $913 per month towards the cost of the Washington State employee insurance programs. The college also supports professional development.
- In compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Link to: Online Application
Please upload the additional application documents on the last page of your application form prior to submission
- college employment application,
- resume, and
- cover letter
Application materials may be submitted by mail or email to:
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Email: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
Application forms submitted electronically will be accepted without signatures.
Peninsula College is an equal opportunity employer.