Position Description / Details
This is an entry level IT support I help desk position. This position assists in hardware and
software support, computer repair/upgrades, equipment re-configuration, basic network provisioning and connectivity, and dedicated support for several IT Professional/Technical programs that includes direct interaction with, and support of, students.
- Respond to HelpDesk support requests within the skill sets identified in the Position Summary
- Follow established departmental procedures and processes
- Schedule, perform, and document, support requests
- Update support documentation held on all IT databases and websites
- Diagnose, repair and support hardware and software issues
- Manage student software licensing and access for IT Professional/Technical programs
- Manage and administer student email system
Other Work Activities:
- Performs related duties or special projects as assigned.
Duties of the position require experience and knowledge in:
- IT electronic hardware diagnosis and repair
- Installation, configuration and repair/support of Microsoft and Apple operating systems
- Use and support of Microsoft Office, SharePoint Collaboration, and Email applications
- Use and support of online learning management systems
- Installation and support of digital and analog audio video equipment
Duties of the position require the ability to:
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software based on client supplied information
- Understand and communicate technical issues in a non-technical manner
- Collaborate with others to reach the desired result
- The skill level required for an Information Technology Technician I would typically be acquired with at least two years of information technology experience such as installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment; providing customer or technical support in information technology.
Preferred Education or Certificates
- Job specific industry standard certifications (A+/Network +, MCSE, CCNA, etc.)
- AS/BAIMA Degree in related studies.
Required physical abilities:
- Work is typically performed in the field, which requires walking, sitting, keyboarding, or standing for extended periods.
- Frequently use repetitive arm, hand, and finger motions.
- Frequently use computers and be exposed to terminal screens in performing work assignments.
Required work schedule and work environment:
- Varied and flexible work schedule including availability for non-scheduled after hours support of
hardware and software.
- Work may be performed in semi-open office setting with frequent interruptions.
- Annual full time, classified position.
- Salary: $3,436 per month.
- This position is in a union bargaining unit. As a condition of employment you must, within 30 days after appointment, become a member of the Washington State Federation of State Employees, or pay non-associate fees. Non-payment of such fee is grounds for dismissal.
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation and sick leave; retirement plan options; optional credit union and tax deferred annuity programs. Peninsula College contributes $913 per month towards the cost of the Washington State employee insurance programs. The college also supports professional development.
- In compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Link to: Online Application
Please upload the additional application documents on the last page of your application form prior to submission
- college employment application,
- resume, and
- cover letter
Application materials may be submitted by mail or email to:
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Email: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
Application forms submitted electronically will be accepted without signatures.
Peninsula College is an equal opportunity employer.