Position Description / Details
This full-time position supports institutional research and student success in a highly collaborative and cooperative capacity. The research analyst will support the college's commitment to using data for continuous improvement, data integrity, transparency and accessibility by providing data and analysis for use in assessment, planning and reporting. The IR Analyst will be primarily responsible for PC's compliance with state, federal and accrediting body reporting mandates.
- Provide research and analysis in support of institutional effectiveness, assessment, and planning.
- Operate a variety of software packages used on mainframe and personal computers for data analysis, data management, graphics, and word processing.
- Utilizing a variety of visualization methods, appropriately disseminate and present data and information to a variety of college users, in ways suitable to support decision making.
- Assist in responding to reporting requirements from governmental agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Education (IPEDS and Gainful Employment reporting) and the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (student, employee, and financial reporting).
- Write multi-table database queries, using both legacy and new technologies.
- Communicate effectively and work both independently and as part of a team to analyze and interpret data and to assist with fulfilling routine and ad hoc data requests in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain custom dashboard to meet staff and faculty ad-hoc request needs.
- Monitor institutional coding practices to ensure consistency and integrity of student and enrollment data.
- Co-Chair Data integrity group for the purposes of governance.
- Assist with the transition from legacy to PeopleSoft.
- Commitment to functioning as an effective team member.\
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse population.
- Excellent analytic, written, and verbal skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ethics and integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- Commitment to student success.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with coursework in statistics and/or research methods. Relevant experience and level of expertise may substitute for. Education at the discretion of the College.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer-based data collection, manipulation, and presentation.
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software, i.e. MS Office or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency with relational databases.
- Ability to present information in verbal, written, and visual form.
- Masters or advanced degree in social science (e.g. social science, statistics, education, or related field) from an accredited college or university desired.
- Proficient with SPSS or other statistical software desired.
- Proficient research design and methodological capabilities, i.e. qualitative and quantitative methodologies applied to education, social and program research, and evaluation desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency with EXCEL Pivot Tables, Tableau, SQL, MS SQL Server Reporting Services desired.
- Annual 12-month exempt position.
- Salary: $48,000 - $55,000
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation and sick leave; retirement plan options; optional credit union and tax deferred annuity programs. Peninsula College contributes $913 per month towards the cost of the Washington State employee insurance programs. The college also supports professional development.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- In compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
Link to: Online Application
Please upload the additional application documents on the last page of your application form prior to submission
- college employment application,
- resume, and
- cover letter
Application materials may be submitted by mail or email to:
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Email: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
Application forms submitted electronically will be accepted without signatures.
Peninsula College is an equal opportunity employer.