Position Description / Details
Peninsula College is recruiting for a part time evening shift Nursing Clinical Instructor to teach in the skilled nursing facility and medical-surgical hospital clinical settings. The Peninsula College Nursing Program graduates students who exemplify ethical, caring, knowledgeable and technically competent nurses prepared to take the NCLEX and practice in a variety of health care settings. Clinical instructors will promote a positive and engaging learning experience, provide student support and other assistance as needed. Peninsula College Clinical Nursing faculty enjoy small class sizes and professional development support in a collegial environment that focuses on excellence in teaching and learning.
- Teach evening shift clinical sections for the nursing program in a skilled nursing facility and medical/surgical hospital setting. Assignment will vary by quarter.
- Evaluate student learning activities and student achievement of learning objectives
- Lead pre and post clinical conference for students
- Conference with students individually to promote student success.
- Prepare course syllabi, course outlines and related instructional materials.
- Ensure that each student has been presented with the material to successfully meet the learning objectives of the course within a student’s program of study
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities to ensure an active and engaged clinical experience for all students.
- Actively participate in meetings, review and analyze assessment data and conference with students.
- Master of Science in Nursing is preferred. Candidates with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing will be considered if there are no qualified master’s prepared candidates.
- Active unencumbered RN License and eligible to be licensed in the State of Washington.
- A minimum of three years relevant clinical nursing experience is required.
- Teaching experience in a formal or workplace setting preferred.
- Experience working with computers and technology to deliver or support instruction.
- Proven strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously, take initiative, and perform tasks in a timely manner.
- Possess the characteristics of a team player and a desire to learn.
- Salary will be based on part-time faculty salary schedule.
- Positions available for Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters
- Position may be eligible for benefits.
Physical Work Environment:
- Work is typically performed in a clinical settings. Physical requirements include the ability to walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time and demonstrate nursing skills in the clinical settings. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
A complete application file will include:
- a college employment application (please include nursing license information in space provided),
- a letter of application addressing specific qualifications of this position,
- a current resume,
- unofficial transcript of terminal degree,
- three current professional references qualified to assess your experience and ability to perform the duties specified. Please include references’ email addresses and telephone numbers.
Link to: Online Application
Please upload the additional application documents on the last page of your application form prior to submission
Application materials may be submitted by mail or email to:
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
Application forms submitted electronically will be accepted without signatures.
Peninsula College is an equal opportunity employer.