Position Description / Details
Peninsula College is seeking a creative, innovative, and collaborative Student Success Navigator to join our work in pathway development, program/major exploration, and student success. The Student Success Navigator will support professional advising efforts that seek to increase the quality of advising design and services, as well as student persistence and completion.
Student Success Navigator Responsibilities:
- Assist students to develop action plans for their pathways, including clarification of educational, career and life goals using self-assessment and other career development tools
- Assist students with appropriate course selection and the development of individualized educational plans
- Advise new/prospective students of requirements for academic transfer and professional/technical programs and/or degrees
- Assist with monitoring student progress towards completion
- Participate as key team member in development and implementation of campus-wide Guided Pathways strategic priority.
Student Success Navigator Focus Area Responsibilities:
- Participate in new student orientation efforts
- Assist supervisor with budget monitoring
- Assist supervisor with the development and implementation of professional advisor training, including transfer advising.
- Serve as resource specialist for professional advising and transfer advising, as well as develop and update web-based and print information
- Lead Transfer advising efforts
- Support academic intervention programs (Academic Probation, Early Intervention, etc.)
- Support supervisor with the implementation and use of EAB Navigate and other tools
- Serve on various campus committees and represent Peninsula College at local, state, regional, and national events related to advising
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in student development, counseling, psychology, education, or closely related field
- Demonstrated experience with advising
- Demonstrated experience with development, implementation, and evaluation of programs
- Ability to successfully collaborate with faculty, staff, community members and students as part of an effective student development team
- Proven ability to network and develop successful collaborative partnerships
- Evidence of working positively and effectively with diverse populations
- Evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to take initiative. Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced office environment is essential
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service and student success
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential. Includes the ability to speak clearly and fully comprehend written and spoken English and to communicate clearly with native and non-native English speakers
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and database applications
- Fluency in Spanish
- Masters’ degree in student development, counseling, psychology, education, or closely related field
- Higher Education experience
- Experience with transfer advising
- Annual full time, exempt position.
- Salary: $45,000
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation and sick leave; retirement plan options; optional credit union and tax deferred annuity programs. Peninsula College contributes $913 per month towards the cost of the Washington State employee insurance programs. The college also supports professional development.
- In compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Prior to appointment, the successful candidate must pass a criminal history background check.
Link to: Online Application
Please upload the additional application documents on the last page of your application form prior to submission
- A letter of application addressing qualifications of this position.
Application materials may be submitted by mail or email to:
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Email: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)