Steps for Applying to the Peninsula College Honors Program
Applications are received throughout the calendar year. While the full core course sequence begins in the fall, students may enter the Program anytime during the academic year.
Review all the pre-requisites. If you believe that you qualify to apply at this time continue to the next step. If you have any questions about qualifications, you can contact our Honors advisor Barbara Blackie via email at email@example.com or phone (360) 417-6253.
Apply to Peninsula College. If you are not a current Peninsula College student, or you were a student but have not attended within the last three years, you must apply to Peninsula College to receive a student ID. This application is separate from the application to the Honors Program, but it enables Peninsula College to provide you with streamlined service once your Honors application is received. This is free of charge. You can complete this step at any time, but it is highly recommended that you do it prior to submitting your application packet.
As part of your application for Peninsula College you may be required to take placement tests in math and English. Honors applicants are required to be ready to take college-level math and English courses in the fall.
Prepare an online Honors Application Packet. The following are included in your application packet:
- Application essay (pdf preferred)
- Documents demonstrating past academic achievement (test scores, transcripts, or other indicators of your scholastic potential)
- At least two letters of recommendation that support your qualifications for the Program. (pdf preferred)
- Complete the online application form below. You'll attach the docuements from steps 1-3 while filling out the form.
Honors Program Application Form
In a comprehensive but concise, well-organized essay, tell us why you want to join Peninsula College’s Honors Program and describe how your past academic, social, professional, and personal achievements demonstrate that you exemplify the qualities necessary to succeed in the Program:
- Strong communication skills
- A track record of personal initiative and self-direction
- Past academic accomplishment and the potential for future academic success
- Useful experiences in extra-curricular and collaborative activities
Please support your statements about your qualifications with explanations of how these experiences show that you are qualified for the Program and will be able to succeed once admitted.
- Applications are screened upon receipt.
- Students will be notified once the application is complete and will be asked to schedule an interview.
- Prospective students will be invited for an interview to be conducted on campus, or via Skype.
- Screenings will continue until Program is full.
- Successful applicants will be notified within a week of the interview.
- The Program begins in fall, and if accepted, you will be contacted by the Program over the summer about the fall schedule of classes and Honors activities.
- If you wish to inquire how financial aid can assist in funding your Honors coursework, please stop by Pirate Central early in your academic career.