Your username is your Social Security Number (SSN). Your username IS NOT your 895-XX-XXXX student ID number! Your password is your digit date of birth (mmddyy) or global pin. If your password starts with a zero you may need to drop the leading zero. For example, if your pin is 012345 you would type 12345.
On the portal you can view your missing/received documents, financial aid awards, financial aid refunds (disbursements), and see if you have any individualized messages from the Financial Aid Office. (Messages will be posted under the “Additional Information” and/or the “Information We Need From You” section.) Please email comments/feedback/suggestions to email@example.com.
What you will see on your portal page:
Information We Need From You:
- Lists all required documents
- Lists refunds that will be disbursed to you
- Lists of tuition payments
- Shows the date that your file was ‘complete’
- Shows the date in which we received submitted documents
How to read/understand the “Information We Need From You” section:
Your refund has been calculated. Refunds for a particular quarter are not processed until the business day that the quarter starts (assuming the student remains eligible for the funds). All refunds are reviewed for eligibility and accuracy before being sent to Peninsula Card for processing.
**If you see “Your refund has been calculated” but the amount is 0.00, you will know your refund was NOT processed, and either you don’t have any additional funds coming to you OR there was an error that needs to be resolved.
“Date Received” field:
When there is a date received by all items, you know we have received all required documents. A date received by “Completed File” is the day your file became complete. If additional items are requested after a date has been entered in this field, you will be alerted. The “Completed File” date is the date that we use for processing. We process files based on the date they are completed. If you complete your financial aid file by the deadline for that quarter, your eligibility will be determined before the first day of that quarter. When your file has been awarded, your financial aid awards will appear in the “Awards” section on the Portal.
This section will display the word “empty” as long as no awards have been made. Once you have been AWARDED financial aid, this section of the portal will be populated.
FINANCIAL AID PORTAL FAQ’s AND TROUBLESHOOTING:
How can I tell the status of my application by using the portal?
All required documents show on the portal. When they all have “date received” filled in, we don’t need anything else at this time. Your file is waiting to be reviewed and awarded.
When will I know if I’ve been awarded?
The “AWARDS” section will be populated.
How do I get my financial aid?
Once you are awarded your financial aid will be automatically applied to any tuition and fees owed for the quarter. If your financial aid exceeds the cost of tuition and fees and a refund is generated, the funds will be processed and sent to BankMobile (formerly Higher One®.) If your BankMobile account is not set up with a refund preference selected, your refund will be delayed.
How do I receive the loan funds I was awarded?
To receive the loan funds you were awarded you must accept them in the financial aid portal and also follow the steps on our website.
When will I know if I’m getting a refund?
You will see “Your refund has been calculated” and a date and a $$ amount (see “Information We Need From You” section above).
Why can’t I log in?
In order to log into the Portal, you will need to have had a FAFSA for the current school year submitted and received by Peninsula College. (You will not be able to log in until we’ve received your FAFSA.) If you believe that we should have your FAFSA, and you are having trouble logging into the Portal, please contact our office at 360-417-6390 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have submitted my FAFSA, yet my USERNAME and PIN seem to be invalid. What’s wrong?
Keep in mind that it can take up to a week for us to receive your submitted FAFSA. If it’s been less time than that, please continue to try logging in. If it has been more than a week, and you are still unable to log in, here are some common errors:
- Your FAFSA was not submitted to our SCHOOL CODE; therefore we will not receive it. To check this, please log into the FAFSA website and review your submitted FAFSA to check for the school code, or contact FAFSA directly at 1-800-4-FEDAID. Peninsula College’s school code is 003786.
- If you have submitted a FAFSA to Peninsula College in a previous year AND your birth date leads with a zero, it is possible that you have a 5 digit PIN number, rather than a six digit PIN. Please try dropping the leading zero and logging in with your 5 digit birth date. (Please also contact us at 360-417-6390 or email@example.com if this is the case, so that we can correct the PIN to your 6 digit birth date.)
- If you have tried logging in more than once, and get the error: “College Code is Required,” you may just need to press the back button until you see a “010” at the end of the web address. (https://www.fas.ctc.edu/portal6/?col=010).
- If you have any more questions, please contact us during our regular office hours.
Click here to watch a video on the Financial Aid Portal.