- Once you’ve been accepted to Peninsula College, you will be sent a document called a Form I-20. The Form I-20 is a paper record of your information in the database called SEVIS. You will need your SEVIS ID from your I-20 to make an appointment for your visa interview.
- There is a fee you must pay before your visa application interview. Please refer to the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) for more information or to make the payment online.
- SEVIS I-901 fee Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/faq.htm
- I-901 Form and Payment: https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.jsp
- After being accepted and getting a receipt for payment of the I-901 fee, you can apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate. Apply for your Student Visa at the United States Embassy or Consulate closest to your home (bring passport and bank statement and/or sponsorship papers).
It is important to apply early for your Student Visa. An in-person interview is required in most countries for first time Student Visa applicants.
This Department of Homeland Security page provides up-to-date information for prospective students on how to study in the United States and how to maintain your visa status:
Canadian students do not require a visa, but do have to travel with an I-20 to enter the U.S. as a student.