Forks / West End
Peninsula College at Forks is located in the heart of the Olympic Peninsula in downtown Forks, Washington. The site offers academic, professional and technical, Basic Education for Adults (BEdA) and ELA (English Language Acquisition) courses. Interactive television (ITV) equipment allows select classes to be both broadcast and received among the Forks and Port Angeles campuses. A learning center is staffed to support students taking both on-line and face-to-face classes through tutoring, testing, or assessment.
Forks Student Services
On-site classes and services include:
- Local learning opportunities for students who reside in west Clallam County.
- A variety of academic, continuing education, and community service courses.
- Select professional development seminars intended for local business and professional people.
- On-site testing and advising.
- A learning center and tutoring.
- A fully equipped computer lab equipped with computer applications for students.
- Distance learning courses coordinated through the main campus.\
Student Advising & Class Registration (September 6, 2016- June 29, 2017)
Student advising is available in Forks. Call us at (360) 374-3223 to schedule an advising appointment.
Assessment placement testing is available in Forks. Call us at (360) 374-3223 to schedule an appointment.
Computer Application Classes
PC at Forks offers a series of basic computer classes to help students develop new skills. Learn how to navigate through Microsoft Windows and use office applications such as spreadsheets, databases and word processing. Computer application classes are taught in a lab format using Office 2010 software. Call (360) 374-3223 for further information.
Basic Education for Adults (BEdA), GED Prep and High School 21+
- Open enrollment so students may join the class anytime during the quarter
- Small and large group instruction in reading, writing, mathematics
- Learn basic computer skills to prepare for your General Education Development (GED) exam or to help you transition to college level classes.
- Earn your High School Diploma for adults 21 years and older
- Scholarships are available to help pay class tuition.
- We offer both on campus and online GED studies.
Basic Education for Adults (BEdA) & GED Spring Quarter Schedule (Mar 30-Jun 15, 2017):
Monday through Thursday: 8:15 am – 11:45 am
Contact Jennifer Roberts at (360) 374-9281 for more information about Basic Education for Adults and GED Prep instruction.
ELA/ESL (English Language Acquisition) classes
- Classes are free.
- Classes are open to persons for whom English is a non-native language.
- Classes include practice in reading, writing, speaking, listening, pronunciation, and interaction skills.
- Free Childcare Available for evening classes.
ELA Fall Quarter Class Schedule (Mar 30-Jun 15, 2017):
Monday - Thursday: 6pm - 9pm
Learning Center and Tutoring
You don’t have to study alone at home, we offer free tutoring!
Our learning center offers:
- Math Assistance
- Writing Assistance
- Instructional Support for Online Classes
- Peer Tutoring
- Study Groups
If you are struggling with any subject, we can help. Learning center tutors are available at no cost to you, please call for more information. Computer Application Classes by Arrangement.
Learning Center Hours (September 19, 2016 through June 15, 2017)
9:00 am - 8:00 pm
10am - 2pm
Office Hours (Sep19, 2016 - June 29, 2017): Monday-Thursday, 10am - 6pm
P.O. Box 330
Forks, WA 98331
481 South Forks Avenue
(57 miles west of Port Angeles, WA on highway 101)