Position Description / Details
Under general supervision this position performs a wide variety of tasks in support of the Financial Aid office; serves as department customer service representative, communicates program information, reviews applications and, reviews verification documents.
Provide information and respond to inquiries from students, staff, and general public.
- Serve as primary contact and customer service representative for the financial aid office.
- Assist students and other customers in person, by phone and email, and in writing regarding financial aid programs and policies.
- Assist Pirate Central Front Desk staff and troubleshoot financial aid issues and questions.
Perform office functions in support of the Financial Aid Department.
- Receive and process mail, email and answer phones.
- Maintain stock of department supplies and forms.
- Prepare daily reports.
- Prepare correspondence, mail awards and letters.
Perform department specific functions.
- Review financial aid applications, determine accuracy in compliance with regulations and policies, and track and/or post award information to database.
- Review verification documents.
- Access, update, and run EDE/EDConnect process.
- Use Microsoft Office applications for comparing and tracking data from reports.
- Assist with student registration when needed.
Duties of the position require the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Read, understand, interpret, and apply financial aid and scholarship policies and regulations.
- Use financial aid, student management system, OnBase and Microsoft Office computer application programs.
- Review data and produce department activity reports; analyze data accuracy and research/correct problems.
- Provide clear explanations of complex and technical information orally and in writing.
- Listen attentively to questions and concerns, maintain professionalism with angry/upset customers, communicate clearly with native and non-native English speakers.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, staff, and external agency personnel.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, adjust to changing priorities, handle frequent interruptions, organize and maintain progress on multiple tasks.
- Work is performed in an office environment and requires standing and/or sitting and using computers for extended periods of time, frequent interactions with students.
- Schedule: 16-19 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- Salary: $13.60 an hour
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- This position will be in a union shop bargaining unit at any time hours worked exceed 350 hours in any consecutive 12-month period. At the time hours exceed the 350-hour threshold, the employee will be required to become a member of the Washington Federation of State Employees or pay non-associate fees. Non payment of such fees is grounds for dismissal. In compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- This position will be in a union shop bargaining unit at any time hours worked exceed 350 hours in any consecutive 12 month period. At the time hours exceed the 350 hour threshold, the employee will be required to become a member of the Washington Federation of State Employees or pay non-associate fees. Non-payment of such fees is grounds for dismissal.
- In compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
Link to: Online Application
Please upload the additional application documents on the last page of your application form prior to submission
Applicants must submit a
- college employment application,
- resume, and
- a statement (maximum of 2 pages) describing how your experience, knowledge, and abilities match the requirements for this position.
Application materials may be submitted by mail or email to:
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
Application forms submitted electronically will be accepted without signatures.
Peninsula College is an equal opportunity employer.