The Nursing program at Peninsula College prepares students with a keen scientific mind, a solid social sciences foundation, and focused attention to detail for a rewarding and challenging career. Nursing is exciting career for people highly skilled in the sciences and who want to help others. Nurses work in a variety of settings and have the flexibility to work almost anywhere in the United States and abroad, making nursing both a flexible and secure career choice.
How to Apply
If you’re serious about applying to the Nursing program at Peninsula College, please visit the below link:
Due to space availability, we will not be able to accommodate advanced placement students for the 2016-17 academic year. We hope to have space during the 2017-18 year, please check back next year for application details.
Bachelor of Science degree, Nursing
An articulation agreement is in place between Peninsula College and the University of Washington-Bothell and Tacoma, as well as Olympic College to provide a seamless transition for RNs to continue coursework and earn the Bachelor of Science degree, Nursing. It is a good idea to prepare in advance by taking any bachelor’s prerequisites as time allows.
In Our Program, Students Will Learn to:
- Holistically assess the biopsychosocial-spiritual-cultural dynamic needs of the client.
- Use evidence based information and the nursing process to critically think and make clinical judgments and management decisions to ensure accurate and safe care.
- Demonstrate holistic caring behavior towards the client, significant support person(s), peers, and other members of the health care team.
- Provide accurate and safe nursing care in diverse settings.
- Provide teaching based on individualized teaching plan.
- Organizes and manages the holistic care of clients.
- Work cooperatively with others in the decision-making process to achieve client and organizational outcomes.
- Utilize appropriate verbal and written channels of communication to achieve positive client outcomes.
- Practice within the ethical, legal and regulatory frameworks of nursing and standards and scope of nursing practice.
- Addiction Studies
- Administrative Office Systems
- Automotive Technology
- Business Administration
- Commercial Driver's License
- Advanced Manufacturing - Composites Technology
- Computer Applications Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Cybersecurity & Computer Forensics
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Entrepreneurship Program
- Food Service Management
- Green Building
- Homeland Security | Emergency Management
- Information Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Multimedia Communications
- Nursing Assistant Certificate