Adult High School Diploma

Adults (19 years and older) who did not complete high school may obtain a high school diploma through Peninsula College. This high school diploma meets the graduation requirements of the State of Washington and is issued through Peninsula College.

Adults (19 years and older) who enroll in the program attend at a reduced cost. Students under the age of 19 must pay regular tuition.  Students are responsible for the cost of textbooks and any laboratory or special use fees.

Classes taken at Peninsula College to satisfy high school requirements may also be applied to a college degree.  An individual (21 years or older) who completes an associate degree (AA, AS, AAS, or AAS-T) may now request a state high school diploma from the College upon written request.

You may enter the program by completing the following requirements for admission:

  1. Submit a completed Peninsula College application to the Student Service Office at Peninsula College.
  2. Pay the assessment fee of $20.00 at the Student Services Front Desk.
  3. Schedule an assessment test to determine your placement in Math and English. You may schedule the test by calling (360) 417-6340 (toll-free in Washington, 1-877-452-9277, Ext. 6340) or sign up in the Student Development Center.
  4. Provide Peninsula College with an official copy of your high school transcript. Obtain your transcript by contacting the last high school you attended and asking them to send your transcript to:

    Peninsula College
    Attn: HS Diploma Program
    1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
    Port Angeles, WA 988362

Make an appointment with an advisor in the Student Development Center to evaluate your high school credits and determine what Peninsula College classes you will need to complete to obtain your diploma. The length of time necessary to complete your high school diploma will vary based on the number of credits you have completed while in high school. 

You may schedule the appointment by calling (360) 417-6340 or toll-free in Washington 1 (877) 452-9277, Ext. 6340. The advisor will need your scores from the placement test and your transcript to do your credit review.