Company / Employer
Operate as a member of the Medical Team, taking direction from the psychiatrist(s) or nurse practitioner(s), to support the Team’s effective and efficient operation. Perform duties under supervision of the RN Care Manager, Medical Director and Executive Director, and operate collaboratively with other team members.
- Hold a current federal, state or RSN-agency based certificate or license to practice as a Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant
- Computer skills adequate for electronic health record documentation
- Free of legal situations that would preclude working with children and disabled individuals
- Must be computer literate
Duties of the Position:
- Perform assessment, measurement and documentation of client vital signs
- Perform screening of clients according to agency protocols, answering questions or gathering information as needed within scope of practice
- Assure that prescriptions are provided to clients and/or pharmacies, as ordered by the prescribing provider.
- Observe oral medication administration and give weekly, bi-weekly and monthly IM injections as ordered by the prescribing provider.
- Make face to face/telephone calls/facsimile contacts to obtain information requested by psychiatrist(s) or nurse practitioner(s), from clients and collaborative providers.
- Collaborate in the organization of psychiatric service delivery so as to ensure effectiveness and cost-efficiency.
- Maintain appropriate, accurate client medical records and service documentation that meets agency, RSN, legal, and contractual requirements.
- Able to work with multiple interruptions during the course of the day.
- Obtain, Organize and review information needed for next day schedules for 3 prescribers.
- Must be able to answer heavy phone traffic and still maintain composure.
- Participate within scope of practice in any emergency clinical situations.
- Accomplish appropriate administrative, ethical, and educational requirements to maintain certification or licensure to practice position skills.
- Maintain cordial, respectful, professional relationships with clients, co-workers, public, community, and cross-system personnel.
- Promote a positive agency atmosphere, contributing to professional and successful agency operations.
- Assist in maximizing management/administrative /program efficiency and effectiveness
- Attend meetings as required.
- Perform all employee documentation requirements such as leave, time sheets, et cetera in a complete, accurate, and timely manner.
- Be familiar with, and abide by, the policies and procedures of JMHS as set forth in the Policies and Procedures Manual or as may be provided by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisory staff.