Company / Employer
This job is part-time position for a medical office receptionist and biller. The days and hours are; Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:30a.m till 5:30p.m. There is possibility but not requirement for future more full-time work.
Wellspring Family Medicine has been in existence since 2009 and is located in a charming sage green house converted into office space at 320 East 5th Street in Port Angeles. We have been growing steadily and are looking for a capable, resourceful, and outgoing professional to join our team.
Your chief responsibility is to accurately and consistently process patient information and billing. It is to schedule and interact with patients in a professional and welcoming manner. As well as to keep the physical space of the office clean, safe, and orderly.
1) To answer phones, retrieve phone messages, return calls and initiate appointment reminder calls in a friendly, accurate manner.
2) To schedule appointments for two providers according to guidelines using computer program Office Ally and manage patient waiting list with efficiency.
3) To maintain strict confidentiality and follow all HIPPA guidelines regarding information encountered at the office--verbal, written, and electronic forms.
4) To input and scan documents into the patients electronic medical record accurately according to set procedures. To accurately file and retrieve paper copies of patients charts.
5) To prepare electronic billing using Office Ally according to procedure and submit bills on a daily basis. To receive electronic and hard copies of EOB's and credit them to patients account. To communicate with insurance companies about unpaid claims. To prepare monthly billing statements for balances due. To collect payments from patients and record in Office Ally and QuickBooks.
6) To positively represent the providers and the discipline of naturopathic medicine to patients and potential patients.
7) To keep accurate inventory of supplements identified by physician and prepare re-order and stock supplies according to protocol.
8) Clean the office (floors, sinks, surfaces, etc.) weekly to support the professional appearance of the clinic and maintain infection control standards.
This position reports to the practice owner and takes input from other providers in the building.
To apply for the advertised position please sent an e-mail, to email@example.com. Please write "receptionist application" in the subject line and in the body of the e-mail please tell me why you would like to work for Wellspring Family Medicine. Please include contact information and times you would be available for a phone interview.
Attach your Resume and a word document answering the following questions.
1) Explain how your life and job experience prepare you to be excellent at 3 of the job duties listed. Please give examples
2) List one of the principles of Naturopathic Medicine that you can relate to and explain why.
3) What is your favorite vegetable and way you best prepare it or like to eat it?
4) What is one of the things your most proud of in your life?
Thank you for applying, and I look forward to meeting you!
Dr. Janelle Doolittle