Phone: (360) 417-6373
Video Phone: (360) 406-4759
Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)
Peninsula College is dedicated to providing a campus that is accessible, equitable, and inclusive to all. SSD works with students, instructors, staff, administration, and the community to ensure that the accommodations necessary to create equal access are provided to all Peninsula College students with documented disabilities.
The role of SSD
- Determines reasonable accommodations for qualified students with documented disabilities.
- Provides accommodation services support to students and faculty.
- Assists in the development of self-advocacy skills and disability awareness.
- Maintains and protects the confidentiality of student records as required by FERPA.
To setup accommodations, please complete the two steps below:
- Complete the online Registration form found here: https://pencol.formstack.com/forms/ssd_ask_registration
- Submit documentation that includes information on the present impact of the diagnosis and the treatment plan, if there is one. Documentation must come from a professional who is licensed/certified in the area for which the diagnosis is made. The documentation required to determine accommodations may be specific to the diagnosis; please see the Medical Documentation Requirements chart linked at the bottom of this page for more information. Medical documentation can be submitted as either:
- letterhead stationery, and/or official medical records, including medically relevant test results.
- a completed verification form, accompanied by medically relevant test results (see below to download the verification form).
When both the registration form and medical documentation have been received, SSD staff will contact you to schedule an appointment to discuss accommodations.
Please submit requests for accommodations at least four weeks before you plan on accessing them. This timeline also applies to changes and updates to established accommodations.
Get in Touch!
We always welcome prospective and current students to get in touch with us if they would like additional information. SSD staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-417-6373.
Peninsula College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. Coordination of compliance is the responsibility of the Human Resources Officer. PC HR Office contact: (360) 452-9277.