Cybersecurity & Computer Forensics
Increased cybersecurity threats and new homeland security policies have produced a growing national demand for cybersecurity professionals with knowledge of cybersecurity, ethical hacking, intrusion testing, vulnerability assessment, and computer forensics. In addition, the growth of universal and mobile computing require new approaches to information security and the protection of information systems from unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
New! Transition From PC to Western Washington University
Associate in Applied Science – Transfer (AAS-T) in Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics (90 credits) Peninsula College’s Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics program prepares students to enter into the workforce in a variety of high-demand IT and security-related positions or to continue their education by earning Western’s CISS degree in two years. Click here to download the PDF informational flyer.
The Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics program prepares students for entry level employment in cybersecurity and computer forensics careers including cyber incident and response, vulnerability detection and assessment analyst, computer forensic analyst, and computer forensics investigator. Foundation courses introduce students to the legal, ethical, and theoretical issues in cybersecurity and computer forensics technology. Core courses expand student depth and skills in ethical hacking, criminal justice, evidentiary analysis, and the development of a forensically sound environment.
Capstone courses provide practicum experience and opportunity to participate in the Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (CCDC). Successful completion of this program leads to an Associate of Applied Science degree Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics. Students are required to have access to computer, internet, and browser. This degree can be completed online.
- The program encourages students to explore the legal, ethical, and global impact of cybercrime on private, public, and personal computing infrastructures.
- The courses are based on the CNSSI standards established by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) for training information systems security professionals.
- The program provides up to date curriculum that adapts to the rapidly changing field of cybersecurity and computer forensics.
- The Peninsula College Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics program is significantly more cost effective than most private and public schools.
There is a high demand for talented people with cybersecurity skills; and an increasing number of employers are seeking workers with knowledge of Computer forensics tool. Graduates may find positions with a variety of critical infrastructure companies and organizations in the public and private sectors. For current employment and wage estimates, please visit http://www.bls.gov/oes/ and search for the relevant occupational term.
In Our Program, Students Will Learn to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core concepts, tools, and methods used to secure computer systems.
- Identify and present indicators that a cybersecurity incident has occurred.
- Apply criminal justice methods to cybersecurity and computer forensic investigations.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate penetration testing and ethical hacking of computer systems.
- Identify, analyze, and mitigate threats to internal computer systems.
- Collect, process, analyze, and present computer forensic evidence.
- Work in teams to analyze and resolve cybersecurity issues.
- Apply critical thinking skills to risk analysis of computer systems.
- Addiction Studies
- Administrative Office Systems
- Automotive Technology
- Business Administration
- Commercial Driver's License
- Advanced Manufacturing - Composites Technology
- Computer Applications Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Cybersecurity & Computer Forensics
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Energy and Innovation Entrepreneurship Program
- Food Service Management
- Green Building
- Homeland Security | Emergency Management
- Information Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Multimedia Communications
- Nursing Assistant Certificate