Financial Aid Refunds
Refund Disbursement Process: Peninsula Card
Peninsula College has partnered with BankMobile (formerly Higher One®), a financial services company serving higher education, to provide a responsive method for students to receive their financial aid and scholarship funds.
With this fund disbursement process, you will now have the ability to access these funds after you receive your Refund Selection Kit from BankMobile. It will be sent to the mailing address you have provided to the college. (Therefore, it is critical that you verify your mailing address as soon as possible at www.pencol.edu/current-students and click on Address Change. You will need your SID and PIN.)
All financial aid awards are automatically used to pay your tuition and fees before the start of each term. If your award exceeds the cost of your tuition, you will receive the remaining balance of your funds through the option you chose with your Refund Selection Kit. When you receive your Refund Selection Kit, log on to www.peninsulacard.com or www.refundselection.com. Enter the Personal Code supplied inside and create your login information. Your new Refund Selection Kit is designed to provide you with increased choices to access financial aid, scholarship or school refunds. These options include:
- Transfer to your current bank account (ACH) (refunds available in 2-3 business days).
- A same-day deposit to the BankMobile, an FDIC Insured, no monthly fee, no minimum balance checking account. With the this option, you receive your funds the same day they're released by BankMobile.
- A paper check (funds available in 5-7 business days once received by BankMobile).
Look for the green envelope in the mail from BankMobile and Peninsula College.
BankMobile Frequently Asked Questions:
- For students who chose the original Higher One® card/account - you will keep current card. You will have the option to log on and determine if you want to take advantage of some of the additional enhancements now offered.
- Only new students will receive a Refund Selection Kit in a green envelope with a Personal Code to validate identity.
- If you choose the BankMobile account, a Peninsula Card will be sent by mail to your address provided in approximately 5-7 days
- All current students’ previous refund, activity, etc history with Higher One® will carry over to BankMobile.
- Starting mid-June 2016: Splash notices (ads) and emails to students letting them know about changes
- There are no fees when you withdraw funds from a Customers Bank ATM or Allpoint Network ATM.
- A Customers Bank ATM is available on campus in the Pirate Union Building (PUB) as well as these additional sites: www.allpointnetwork.com
- If you choose the BankMobile Peninsulacard, there may be fees associated with some banking services, please visit https://www.vibeaccount.com/studentaccount/feeschedules.do for more information.
- At any time, you may contact BankMobile through www.peninsulacard.com or www.refundselection.com or Tweet them @AskBMD (do not include sensitive information)
- To view our institution's contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customer Bank, please visit https://www.vibeaccount.com/swc/doc/landing/4ormm0vq09bjwow56b1c
Financial Aid Office Hours:
Fall, Winter, Spring Quarter:
Monday, 9:00AM - 2:00PM
Tuesday - Friday 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Closed Saturday, Sunday & Holidays
Monday - Thursday 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Closed Saturday, Sunday & Holidays
Phone: (360) 417-6390
Fax: (360) 417-6395