What are the Costs?
What Are the Costs Involved?
- Placement Test Fee = $20.00
- Tuition is covered up to 15 credits per quarter as long as the combined course load between the college and high school stays below 1.2 FTE. Enroll in a combination of classes at Peninsula College and the high school or take classes only at the college.
- Students with combined high school and college schedules that exceed 1.2 FTE during any college quarter must pay college tuition on the additional credits. Running Start tuition/fee waivers are available for low income students (students who qualify for the free or reduced lunch program at their high school) who enroll in credits that exceed a combined high school and college enrollment of 1.2 FTE.
- Running Start covers only the cost of college-level courses. If a student chooses to take a developmental course, e.g., Math 99, the student must pay for the class.
- Students are responsible for the cost of books and supplies ($300 - $400 per quarter). Running Start students who are eligible for the free lunch program at their high school qualify for limited book assistance.
- A student-voted on fee of $16.00 is charged each student to provide bus and parking passes with Clallam & Jefferson Transit. Students who are eligible for the free or reduced lunch program at their high school qualify for a free parking/bus pass.
- Running Start students must pay for all supplies and mandatory class fees. Fees are waived (with the exception of consumable fees) for students who are eligible for the free or reduced lunch program.
- High School Programs
Manager of High School Programs
Phone: (360) 417-6341
1-877-452-9277, Ext. 6341
Port Townsend Branch
Phone: (360) 385-4605
Phone: (360) 374-3223